WebMD Storytellers' Contest Official Rules
- Eligibility: WebMD TV’s Storytellers’ Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia. Contest entrants must be over the age of 18 with access to the Internet and a valid email account. All employees of WebMD, LLC (“Sponsor”), all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, licensees or agents (collectively, “Contest Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to participate in the Contest. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Entry in the Contest constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Contest Period: Unless specified otherwise, the Contest entry period begins at 12:00AM PST on September 10, 2021, and ends at 11 PM PST on September 30, 2021 (the “Contest Period”). Winners will be selected from entries properly submitted and timely received during the Contest Period.
- Contest Entry: You may enter the Contest during the Contest Period by using an APPROVED method of entry. The APPROVED method of entry includes:
- Online Entry. Visit www.webmdtv.com and accurately complete the form located on the Storytellers’ Competition Page. Entrants must complete the form by providing their first name and email address. Once you have completed the form, we will send you a link to the Storytellers’ Submission Page. You may also submit directly at the following link: https://webmdtv.com/storytellers-submission-page/. Entrants must complete both steps on the Submission page to enter. You must Submit Your Application (Step 1) and Send Your Files (Step 2). There is no limit on the number of times you may enter to win. Use of an automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By submitting your information for the Contest, you consent to being contacted via phone and/or email by Sponsor for the purposes other than those related to the Contest. Incomplete entries are void. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt.
5. Selection of Contest Winners/Odds: There will be two (2) total winning entries. One (1) winning entry for Best Script and One (1) winning entry for Best Idea. The winning entries will be selected on October 15, 2021. The Contest Entities directors and stakeholders (“Judges”) will select the winning entries. The winning entries will be selected by the Judges from all eligible entries received. All Contest submissions will be judged based on the careful evaluation. In the evaluation, the Judges will select the winning entries based on the following criteria: creativity, quality, and relevancy to health. (collectively, the “Judging Criteria”). In the event that a winning entry is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award the applicable prize(s) to an alternate winning entry. Any return of prize notification or prize email as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any prize(s) and an alternate winning entry may, at Sponsor’s discretion, be selected. Decisions of the Judges and Sponsor on all matters relating to the Contest are final. Sponsor reserves the right not to pick a winning entry or award all prizes in the event of an insufficient number of eligible entries, as determined by the Sponsor, in their sole discretion. Odds of winning the Contest will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The winner(s) will be notified via email and phone call on October 15, 2021. The winner(s) will also be announced via WebMDTV.com.
6. Additional Rules: Each submitted script or idea must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, covenants, and warrants that the submitted script or idea is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the script or idea does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the script or idea. Scripts or ideas that include other works will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud in the sole opinion of Sponsor; provided that entrants must be prepared to provide a release form. The script and/or idea must not, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. Scripts or ideas deemed inappropriate will be disqualified.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER IDEA OR SCRIPT MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE, IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION. Submission of an entry grants Contest Entities and their agents an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, exclusive license and right to publish or use the submission in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant or any other party. Sponsor’s decisions are final on all matters relating to the Contest. By submitting an entry you represent that you own all rights in any and all materials submitted in connection with such entry.
By submitting your entry, you expressly agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Entities from and against any and all claims, including without limitation claims relating to privacy or publicity rights, that may be made against the Contest Entities based on your entry.5.
ENTRIES POSTED MAY BE EDITED BY SPONSOR Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants.
You understand and intend that any script, idea or information submitted by you to Sponsor may be available for viewing, rating, review and comment on by the public, and understand that comments or ratings with which you disagree or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with any script, idea or information you submit to Sponsor. By submitting any script, idea, or information to Sponsor, you hereby waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to any such script, idea, or information submitted by you to Sponsor.
7. Prizes: The one (1) winner for best script will receive $5,000 USD. The one (1) winner for best idea will receive $1,000 USD. Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and are not transferable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if entire prize or a portion of advertised prize is unavailable for any reason. Prizes will be delivered as a check sent to the winning entry by mail. The reporting and payment of any tax liabilities (federal, state and local) incurred by the winner as a result of the Contest are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Only one (1) prize will be given to each winning entry. If more than one person contributes to a winning entry, multiple prizes will not be given out.
8. Publicity: As a condition of entry into the Contest, except where prohibited by law, each entrant grants to Sponsor (and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, and licensees), all right, title, and interest in to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Contest entrant’s name, city, state, and biographical material (collectively, “Licensed Rights”) in any media for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval. A winner(s) may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release within five (5) business days of attempted notification or the winner(s) may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected.
10. Participants’ Obligations: By participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. By accepting the prizes, the winners agree to release and hold Contest Entities and their agents and affiliates harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind in connection with the Contest or receipt or redemption of the prize. The winner assumes all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in the Contest or use or redemption of the prize. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of California.
11. Winners’ List: For a list of the Contest winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: WebMD, LLC. Attn: WebMD Storytellers’ Contest Winners’ List, 909 North Pacific Coast Highway, 11th Floor, El Segundo, CA 90245. Requests for winners’ list must be received within thirty (30) days after the end of the Contest Period.
12. Sponsor: WebMD, LLC, 395 Hudson Street, 3rd Floor New York, NY 10014